Wednesday 30 October 2013

Am I ready?

I'm sure today or in the next days you will be in front of your suitcase, thinking ''Am I ready?" or ''Have I got everything I need?''.
Here is a little list to help you.


First ''Did I send everything to Raphael?''
- My presentation (with words and the picture).
- My comic page.
- My Twitter account!
- The number of the mobile I will take with me in the UK (if it is different than the one you gave me on documents you already sent me via the Application and travel info document)


Secondly "Have I got everything I need?"
- Some food and drinks from my region/country. Music (if you want).
- My very short presentation (no longer than 5 min. See previous blog and email) about my region/country for the Intercultural evening.
- Some comic books I like and I would like to share with others.
- Some examples of my work in adult education and/or with comics.
- My bank details (for us to reimburse you).
- Optional: laptop if I want to use my own programmes (such as indesign, photoshop, etc)
- Optional BUT it would be great if I could bring one: photo camera.
- All I need for hygiene (there will be no shower gel, etc in your room)
- Map of Leeds I printed from the blog.
- The address of the hotel: Ibis budget, 2, The Gateway North, Crown Point Rd, Leeds LS9 8BZ
- All my tickets and receipts that I will need to keep and give to Everything Is Possible.
- Raphael's number (I will send it to you this Thursday morning!).
- UK adaptor.
- Anything else I may need (For example, maybe some of you would like to share a specific comic technic, and may need some material for that, etc.)
- Some warm clothes. (It begin to be a bit cold in the UK).
- Optional : an umbrella! 
- Passport / ID 

Just for info there is no hairdryer in the rooms.


What I don't need in my suitcase?
- Towels (you will have one in your room).
- Too much food and drink. Don't forget that everyone will bring some food and drinks, so don't bring too much. I advise you to bring what you think you could eat and drink in one meal! The cultural evening will be on the Wednesday evening, so be very careful with what you will bring especially dairy.


What I need to keep in mind during the travel:
Keep all receipts, tickets, boarding passes (We will not be able to reimburse you without these documents).
When you need to go out of a train station in the UK, be very careful. You normally need to put your tickets in the machine in order to get through the barrier. The problem is that the barrier will not give it back to you. So please ask the person who should be there, to let you go through the barrier without having to put your ticket in the machine!

In the UK they drive on the other side! So please have a look on both sides before crossing the road. I know it look stupid, but I want you in live!

We will not reimburse taxi! So please try to avoid them. The hotel is only at 10 min walk from the train station and 2 minutes from the bus station.

I think that's all!
I will send you urgency numbers tomorrow.

Raphael